The St. Dennis and Nanpean Community Trust welcomes applications from organisations or groups of likeminded individuals active within the Area of Benefit, to apply, promote and convince the Trust to finance projects that would further the objectives of the Trust. The Trust has the job of distributing the funds associated with the Cornwall Energy Recovery Centre (CERC). Funds available for distribution amount to about £100,000 pounds a year during operation of the CERC. The Trustees have a responsibility to the Charity Commission to meet the Objectives of the Trusts Constitution.
The Objectives of the Trust are;
- To promote the preservation of health of people living in the Area of Benefit;
- To assist in the provision of recreational facilities for the people living in the area of benefit in the interests of social welfare who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity, disablement, financial, or social or economic circumstances have need of such facilities with the object of improving their condition of life.
- To promote the protection and improvement of the environment in the Area of benefit.
- To promote sustainable development: sustainable development means: “development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
- To advance such charitable purposes (according to the law of England and Wales) as the trustees see fit from time to time
- Nothing in this Constitution shall authorise an application of the property of the Charity for purposes which are not exclusively charitable purposes for the public benefit.
St Dennis and Nanpean Community Trust is active in the non-shaded area (Area of Benefit) of the map shown on this page here.
1 Fore St,
St Dennis and Nanpean Community Charitable incorporated organisation is a registered charity and is registered with the Charities commission". Registered charity No: 1164049